Re: [opensuse] Why Is Leap 42.1 Benchmarking Poorly?
On 02/25/2016 10:13 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-02-25 09:57, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne Čt 25. února 2016 09:50:26, Carlos E. R. napsal(a):

If they are using the default install, on btrfs, it will be slow on
databases.

Default install is using special subvolume for default DB locations without
extra Btrfs features slowing down the databases...

Ah, this is a good change, because I remember the recommendation to not
place databases on btrfs. I don't see the word "database" in the Leap
release notes, but I don't know where this change happened.

Then we need to know if phoronix is locating their test databases there,
or if they change the defaults.

If one is ready the article well, you would understand that they did not changed one thing. It was testing "out-of-the-box". So they used the default XFS settings.

--- Frans