Re: [opensuse] Why Is Leap 42.1 Benchmarking Poorly?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 08:05:52 +0100
sdm wrote:

This is at least the second article I've ready where Leap's benchmarks
pretty dismal:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=2016-feb-6way&num=1

Frankly, apart from one or two areas, it doesn't look so bad to me. Is
there a page with a combined ranking?

Why is Leap running at the back of the pack, and is there anything we
can do to speed the OS up through patching, so the benchmarks made
against it allows for more interest amongst people comparing Linux
distros?

You pick one of the troubled areas, e.g. databases and you start
analyzing what makes openSUSE slower. Typical things that might
impinge on performance - filesystem setup, perhaps apparmor,
sub-optimal core libraries perhaps.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (1.8°C)