Re: [opensuse] building a 32 bits efi file for leap
On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 12:35:32PM +0100, jdd wrote:
Le 24/02/2016 12:06, Michael Chang a écrit :

I think system would break if you updated the grub2 package, without
change the LOADER_TYPE to 'none', it will reinstall bootloader which
defaults to x86_64.

not with uefi. uefi bootloader is choosen by the firmware, not by the OS. If
you choose to boot from, say "my32bits.efi" the computer will always boot
this.

of course this "uefi boot" is only a priority in nvram, but yast/gru should
not change this - add an entry, yes, but not change the default

It won't change the default or the boot order, the potential problem
here is that grub2-install will try to cleanup boot entries created by
the same distributor with new one. That is you still have to fiddle with
distributor manually in YaST or grub settings to get around the problem.

Ok. thanks, but I still think full support because the system has to be
useful for update and TW did that quite oftenly.

I was not thinking of TW, but the more the better, if this do not delay the
result excessively :-)

Mind to open a fate? then we can sum up more things there, bug may not
be ideal for people evalutes efforts.

I often wonder what is the real use of openfate

there is already one

https://features.opensuse.org/318252

opened more than one year ago...

Sorry, I lose tracking of that one. I will try to sum up and put my work
toward it.

Thanks,
Michael

jdd