Re: [opensuse] building a 32 bits efi file for leap
On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 11:40:56AM +0100, jdd wrote:
Le 24/02/2016 11:33, Andrei Borzenkov a écrit :
On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Michael Chang <mchang@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

From what I know, we dropped support booting from 32 bit architecture on
UEFI.

Well, there are apparently more and more systems with 32 bit firmware
emerging. So you probably need to reconsider it (see bug report
mentioned somewhere in this thread).

and only *boot* support is needed, install can follow as 64 bits.

I think system would break if you updated the grub2 package, without
change the LOADER_TYPE to 'none', it will reinstall bootloader which
defaults to x86_64.

my IT WORKS TW891 is only 129€ for 1280x800 screen, 32Gb ssd and 2Gb ram.

of course, supporting a tablet is not that easy, not all works
natively, but I don't ask for full support, not even to have it on
mainstream Leap, but If I could build a Leap network install on
Studio to support these machines, it could be a significant step on.
Main stream support is probably not that important, because as price
drop and memory get bigger, the need for 32 bits should hopefully
vanish :-)

Ok. thanks, but I still think full support because the system has to be
useful for update and TW did that quite oftenly.

Mind to open a fate? then we can sum up more things there, bug may not
be ideal for people evalutes efforts.

Thanks,
Michael

jdd