Re: [opensuse] building a 32 bits efi file for leap
On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 12:15:57PM +0300, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 12:00 PM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 24/02/2016 09:40, Andrei Borzenkov a écrit :

Install DVD is using pre-built image from grub2 RPM; just take it from
grub2-i386-efi package (/usr/lib/efi/grub.efi)

install fails for Leap -I only find a beta version on obs and none in yast:

https://software.opensuse.org/package/grub2-i386-efi?search_term=grub2-i386-efi

I'm downloading the rpm now, but what vI have is only 1.1ko large, not to be
a rpm. I don't have this repo on Leap

reason why I wanted to know is this file is specific to an install or
general :-(

Oh, so it appears that package built on x86_64 does not include
pre-built grub.efi. And there are no (published) 32 bit packages for
Leap. How weird ...

From what I know, we dropped support booting from 32 bit architecture on
UEFI. That's the reason why 32 bit grub.efi wasn't provided because it's
not needed in 32 bit installation media and also don't require signed
image for secure boot, which apparently also don't support on 32 bit.

Thanks,
Michael