Re: [opensuse] usb to COM port problem
23.02.2016 00:05, buhorojo пишет:
On 22/02/16 21:30, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
22.02.2016 22:18, buhorojo пишет:
42.1

I have a windows xp app which writes firmware to a device via a
COM port. The app runs fine under wine. I don't have a COM port
on my laptop but can get a usb to COM cable and plug my device
into that.

How do I link the usb to make it look like a COM under wine?
Linux most likely detected your USB to COM cable as /dev/ttyUSBxx;
how to tell Wine to use specific device as (emulated) COM port I do
not know.

OK, thanks. That gets me closer. Another search on: linux wine
/dev/tty brings up this:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1335098&s=5999e3551d6ab02564e5026edd332690&p=8371229#post8371229

Is this translatable to our 42.1?

I do not see anything Ubuntu specific in the first place.

Question: how do I find the xx in /dev/ttyUSBxx? Thanks

Do you have may of them? Plug in converter and do "ls /dev/ttyUSB*".

But keep in mind, that quite often those USB converters do not
offer more than basic data transmission; and that various devices
actually use RS232 hardware lines to control them (like - assert
specific pin for given time). USB converters are known to not allow
true hardware control.