Re: [opensuse] Thread Breakers
On February 21, 2016 2:10:22 PM PST, Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On 02/21/2016 10:35 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-02-21 16:16, Anton Aylward wrote:

Or even a webmail client that doesn't break threads?

But those come with the account. They are not a choice.

That's true but its not what I meant.
You're assuming @gmail => google's webmail.

I'm not assuming @gmail, so I can point any webmail tool, ui I want at
my mailbox. I may have to use a proxy if my mail is IMAP only :-(

There are plenty of service providers out there who will sell a email
only account and give IMAP+web access to it.

IIR there's an IMAP interface to @gmail and once again a proxy or VPN
can bypass that.

http://www.howtogeek.com/167418/5-ways-to-bypass-internet-censorship-and-filtering/

http://www.networkworld.com/article/2601300/microsoft-subnet/bypassing-hardware-firewalls-in-20-seconds.html

However there is an incredibly simple way that doens't need a webmail
client

USE YOUR PHONE!

I have K-9 on my phone along with a PGP package. Some people might
prefer K-@.

Go google.

KDE kmail, tbird, evolution, etc all support imam and they all know how to set
up a gmail or Yahoo account. These providers and their webmail interfaces
aren't the thread breakers.

It's usually some smaller isp's web mail package that is braindead. Some of
those may have pop or imap access as well.

But if you read opensuse lists at work, your employer may block such outgoing
connections, or forbid installing your own email handler. Then you are stuck
with a web interface to access your ISP account.

(Ignoring for the moment that anyone posting on this list shouldn't be reduced
to using the "webmail made me do it" excuse.)