[opensuse] Weird xscreensaver behaviour in leap
Hi,

in this test partition where I have leap, I have observed a strange and
disturbing behaviour by xscreensaver.

I am using xfce, with some KDE apps also running. I hibernate the
machine by systemctl hibernate (due to old bug, it is impossible to
hibernate the machine from menu in xfce, because it asks for the root
password after triggering the screensaver (yes, there is a bugzilla)).

On return from hibernation, and after being using the machine for, say,
two minutes, the background of the screen goes white, most windows get
corrupted content, and I get the xscreensaver prompt for my password,
but no screensaver black screen. It is impossible to type the password,
as clicking on the popup corrupts it.

I have tried "killall xscreensaver" from the text console, but it
returns. Only effective method so far is to log out, then init 3, init 5
for good measure.

Next time I'll try a "ps afxu" to find its parent first.

Is this known?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.