Re: [opensuse] Now what? Glibc bug, vulnerability
On 18/02/16 00:33, Peter Maffter wrote:
What about OpenSuSE 13.1?

Btw. I made an update today and suddenly X11 and KDE did not show up.
SuSE 13.1
Turned out that NFS clients that I added some time ago were not present,
SuSE 13.1 waiting for quite some time at bootup, X11 showing some timeout and
then: no KDE :-(
Removed the NFS clients and X11+KDE worked again.
What was changed on SuSE side in this case so that the complete boot process
seems to be different?
Why such timeouts in X11?
This was working up to now without such hickups.

On my 13.1 production machine, after the big systemd 208 -> 210 update the other week (apparently the last official 13.1 update before Evergreen), boot now takes twice as long. I have an old dual core laptop with an Intel 530 SSD upgrade. When I first installed 13.1 on the fresh drive, boot (post-GRUB, pre-login) took a mere couple of seconds. It slowed over time. Now since this last update it takes about twenty.

gumb