Re: [opensuse] What is the meaning of these firewall log entries?
On 02/17/2016 10:19 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
Asking out loud:
How do you expect to use a udp service on a hibernated machine?

I don't.

While the machine processes the going into hibernation, the kernel logs messages into syslog. They are written to disk, locally, after it recovers from hibernation.

But they can be sent to another machine for safe keeping, either using a true RS232 port, or with netconsole, via network. I'm doing the later.

And it is working, I get those logs.

The issue you should be investigating is "why" it's hibernating and how
to "stop" it from hibernating.

I order it to hibernate.

I'll try to clarify, again, in a single message, because the info is in the thread.

I'm sending kernel messages to another machine via netconsole. Not on hibernation, but all time. While setting this up, I noticed those error messages in the log.

Later, I noticed that those error messages appeared the instant the sender machine was going into hibernation. Not during hibernation, but while processing the going into hibernation.

Maybe the messages can be ignored, because I do get the log entries on the other machine. This is my hypothesis.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from openSUSE Leap 42.1 x86_64 (test))