Re: [opensuse] experiences with bache / logic of caching
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 13:03:42 +0100
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'll have to check, but I don't think adding memory will do much. The
filesystems cache is not used because there are no filesystems in use -
the raw disk space is handed out over iSCSI, just as Greg described.

Caches are per-block device, so unless you are using devices for
direct IO they should still benefit from RAM caches.

Each storage server has 4Gb, expandable to 32Gb afaict - but ietd does use
direct IO. (type=blockio). I think I need to check up on fileio vs.
blockio. Adding some more RAM is a lot easier than adding a bcache.

/Per