Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on ASUS ZenBook Pro?
On 2016-02-16 14:47, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 4:31 PM, Carlos E. R. <> wrote:

On the Toshiba Satellite P850-31M you can't reach the BIOS/UEFI unless
from inside Windows.

Well, it still has nothing to do with "Windows permissions". You do
not need "Windows permissions", you just have no other choice because
program to change settings runs only in Windows.

Hmm ... this links does not agree with you:
https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71280-Satellite-P850-Getting-into-the-BIOS

Of course there could be multiple P850 flavors ...

(P850M, the 'M' is Spanish flavor, apparently)

The point of that link is that Windows 8 by default does a quick
hibernate, and in that mode you can not alter the bios. Yes, this is true.

However, my friend needed to reach the bios after booting a Debian CD.
To boot a CD the machine needs a full power off first, so he already
knows about that quick power off feature that must be disabled.

What he possibly needs is a method for emergencies.

My friend says he already read that post, and claims it is an stupidity
that did not help him. (put here a smiley for thick headed ;-) )

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)