Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on ASUS ZenBook Pro?
On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Carl Hartung <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The ASUS is a better design, so I wasn't expecting major difficulties.
It's the Acer I referenced earlier that appears to require UEFI access
through the OS (Windows.) At least it's accessible.

Does it help?

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3182/~/why-cant-i-get-the-f12-boot-menu-to-work-on-my-notebook-or-netbook%3F

And do not forget that USB devices appear in boot menu only if plugged
in before power on (reset). And they appear as UEFI bootable usually
only if they have valid \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI file (I assume this
model is 64 bit).

But yes, after several months I decided in favor of Dell and so far I
like it - it is quite Linux friendly (and came with Ubuntu
preinstalled which also reduced price compared with the same model
with Windows :)