Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on ASUS ZenBook Pro?
On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 2:59 PM, Carl Hartung <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think these were the instructions I needed to deal with that Acer
system! :-) It simply never occurred to me that I would need the
installed operating system's 'permission' to boot from an external
device. I don't think I like that very much. What if you're booting
from the external device because you suspect the installed OS is
compromised?

You misunderstand. You do not need Windows permissions. You need to
change BIOS settings and Windows provides tool to do it for you
without entering BIOS. But of course you can do it in BIOS as well.

http://blog.technotesdesk.com/how-to-enable-boot-from-usb-drive-in-bios-asus-zenbook/

http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008829/