Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on ASUS ZenBook Pro?
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:49:08 +0000
Bob Williams wrote:

"Windows 10 hides the relevant settings (security by obscurity), but
searching for 'partition' got me to the partitioning tool where I was
able to shrink the Windows partition.

"Similarly, searching on 'uefi' got me to a wizard where I chose the
option to access a USB stick. I plugged in my openSUSE 13.2 stick, and
clicked the icon, whereupon the machine rebooted into the openSUSE
installer, which recognised the efi option. Installation was smooth
and fast."

Thanks again Bob!

I think these were the instructions I needed to deal with that Acer
system! :-) It simply never occurred to me that I would need the
installed operating system's 'permission' to boot from an external
device. I don't think I like that very much. What if you're booting
from the external device because you suspect the installed OS is
compromised?

regards,

Carl