Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on ASUS ZenBook Pro?
Le 16/02/2016 12:31, Carl Hartung a écrit :
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 18:17:38 +0100
Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:

Just a note for completeness: if You have default Windows
installation and then change UEFI to legacy, the partition won't be
bootable/accessible. But similar will be truth for Linux - GRUB won't
be able to boot after such change.

I had to re-read this a couple of times :-)

a system boot only with the setup used when it was installed

Yes, this intuitively makes sense. However, it presumes that can boot
from CD/DVD/USB in UEFI ('secure boot') mode.

of course, if you set the correct boot order in the firmware

The uncooperative system that I referenced earlier wouldn't reveal a
CD/DVD/USB boot option

should be in the disk boot order - real place varies with firmware. I read than some can only be changed from within windows, but I didn't experiment this myself.

I've seen a case of a 64 processor but 32 bits bios an windows that prevented boot on 64 bits medium

I never found a way to boot the system from CD/DVD/USB in UEFI ('secure
boot') mode.

pretty surprising. Did you try to change the setup inside windows?

may something like this (not tested)

https://askleo.com/how_do_i_boot_from_cddvdusb_in_windows_8/

jdd