Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on ASUS ZenBook Pro?
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 10:19:13 -0800
John Andersen wrote:

I buy laptops with the smallest drive possible.
I immediately buy a separate compatible drive, (and a drive tray if
needed/possible) and install linux on that, putting the small drive
on the shelf against possibility that the machine will need warranty
service. If it never does, and the warranty expires, I re-purpose
the original drive into an external enclosure.

I do worry if this will be possible with UEFI, or if more and more of
UEFI will be stored on the original hard drive along with your only
backup copy of the original operating system.

Great minds think alike :-) but this SSD will be too costly to keep as
an idle fallback. My plan is to image it after W10 is fully updated and
before I touch any of the partitioning -- assuming I have better luck
accessing the partitions on this system than on the last.