Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on ASUS ZenBook Pro?
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:49:08 +0000
Bob Williams wrote:

8< trimmed >8
Hi Carl,

I'm sorry, I can't remember the details. This was my first and last
UEFI installation. The machine I'm typing this on is an 8 year old
spinning rust machine that's still going strong.

I do remember being pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. I posted
here at the time, and what I said then was:

"Windows 10 hides the relevant settings (security by obscurity), but
searching for 'partition' got me to the partitioning tool where I was
able to shrink the Windows partition.

"Similarly, searching on 'uefi' got me to a wizard where I chose the
option to access a USB stick. I plugged in my openSUSE 13.2 stick, and
clicked the icon, whereupon the machine rebooted into the openSUSE
installer, which recognised the efi option. Installation was smooth
and fast."

If you want to use the whole hard drive for openSUSE, I would guess
that getting Windows to enable uefi, then get the YaST installer to
repartition, might work, but don't quote me!

Regards

Bob

Thanks again, Bob! Very encouraging! :-)

Carl