Re: [opensuse] experiences with bache / logic of caching
On 02/14/2016 04:26 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
I do wonder, however, just how much mistakes like this are taught in CS
courses? I've noted many times that the #1 and #1 vulnerabilities in
the SANS Top 20 list, SQL Injection and Bugger Overflow, have been
around for more than 20 years. Buffer Overflow, if you recall, was the
root cause of the Morris Worm of 1988 which took down an appreciable
part of the Internet-as-it-then-was. My point here is that when I
interview new intakes of programmers or even talk with one who've been
working for my client for some years, even the ones that are aware of
these tell me their schools & colleege course never mentioned them.

What bothers me more are the number of questions you find, say on programming
sites like StackOverflow.com of people actively trying to learn how to do stack
smashing and buffer overflow exploits -- supposedly for "educational
purposes"... Kinda makes you wonder what we are training the next generation to
do....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.