Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on ASUS ZenBook Pro?
* Carl Hartung <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-14-16 10:37]:

Hi All,

I've searched for information about installing and running Linux on this
laptop and had somewhat limited success.

Make & Model: ASUS UX501VW-DS71T
Screen: 15.6" IPS 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) 10 point touch
CPU: 2.6 GHz Core i7 6700HQ
Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 960M 2G
Memory: 16 GB GDDR5 SDRAM
SSD: 512GB PCIe 4 Samsung SM951 M.2 (#MZVPV512 w/ NVMe)
I/O: Bluetooth 4 & Gigabit Dual-Band 802.11AC Wi-Fi
1 x Thunderbolt III:
--> USB 3.1 Type-C, DisplayPort / HDMI / DVI / VGA
1 x USB 3.0 w/ "Charger+"
1 x USB 3.0
1 x HDMI
1 x SD card reader (SDXC)
1 x combo audio

I found one thread saying that Mint 17.3 installs and behaves nicely.
Does anyone here have any experience with this or a comparable / related
ASUS system running openSUSE?

ASUS has historically been negative toward linux, but. I suggest dl a
live cd/dvd and make a bootable usb stick to try it. It will appear or
act as an additiona hard drive give you a slower experience similar to
being installed on the laptop's hard drive.

This is what I did before buying my last several laptops and desktops.
Not completely fail-proof but good indicator. You could even use a
portable usb/sata hard drive.