Re: [opensuse] Slow SSH connection
On 02/08/2016 11:25 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
Since I ran an upgrade on my server a few months ago, the ssh connect
has been very very slow to respond to a connection request. I think
this has to do with systemd, as it feels like the delay that ConsoleKit
gives terminals. Any clues how to debug and fix?

Ruben
ruben@www:~> cat /etc/os-release
NAME=openSUSE
VERSION="13.2 (Harlequin)"
VERSION_ID="13.2"
PRETTY_NAME="openSUSE 13.2 (Harlequin) (i586)"
ID=opensuse
ANSI_COLOR="0;32"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:opensuse:opensuse:13.2"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.opensuse.org";
HOME_URL="https://opensuse.org/";
ID_LIKE="suse"

Hi,

i did not read the whole thread, but you also should try to debug the
server side if possible. On the ssh server as root start another sshd on
another Port (2222):

/usr/sbin/sshd -dDp 2222

On the client connect using:

ssh -v user@server -p 2222

Watch both outputs and try to remember where the server and client hang.
You usually can hit return to insert blank lines to mark the positions
where communication stalls.