Re: [opensuse] Re: any real-life experiences with bache / dm-cache and ssd ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 15:35:16 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

Malcolm wrote:

On Thu 11 Feb 2016 08:23:17 AM CST, Per Jessen wrote:

I was studying bcache yesterday and just wondered if anyone had any
real-life experiences to share?

Hi
I wrote a blog entry about it
https://forums.opensuse.org/entry.php/159-Setting-up-bcache-on-openSUSE-13-2

I had to log in to get access, is that intentional?

On random read, it slows down quite a bit, I guess that is because it's
actually reading from disk?
I'm surprised to see how slow "Mixed 70/30 random read and write with 8K
block size" is. Random read is reading from disk, but why is the random
write so slow?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.2°C)