Le 11/02/2016 13:45, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

I know that brands try to lock you in to their hardware, but I'm afraid
of buying a camera that my Linux system will not even read without
proprietary drivers.

Using exfat, for instance, would be a problem in this context.

opensuse read exfat, not by default, but drivers are available

and by the way I do all my photo work with digikam / Gimp, never had problem with Canon camera.

by the way if I kept Canon for the last camera was chance, because I went from APS-C to full format and so had to change most of my hardware, but I couldn't buy the D800 I wanted from Amazon because my Visa card couldn't be charged the 3000€ wanted.

At the same moment, I found a "Kit" for a Canon 5DMKIII + 24-105 at a local store and could buy it. so finally I couldn't have a Nikon :-)

jdd