On 02/11/2016 07:43 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I do not want to buy Canon if I can avoid it.
And Nikon is an old camera manufacturer.

Compared to another "old" camera manufacturer, it isn't quite as
innovative as far as digital technology goes.

And FujiFilm, Panasonic, Olympus were all ahead as far as innovating
with 4/3rd and micro-4/3rd mirrorless go.

In fact if I had to rate the "old" manufacturers I'd put Sony way ahead
of Canon and Nikon for a variety of reasons.

Lets face it, with digital photographic technology the whole SLR model,
the pentaprism, is meaningless. Yes, even the SLR manufacturers have
got rid of the bulk and weight of the pentaprism and gone with digital
eyepieces. But even Nikon and Canon professional models admit that is
all beside the point. Many professional I know stick their camera on
tripod and manipulate it via a wired connection from their laptop, view
the image there, remote control the camera there. late models even do
this over wifi.

Stop thinking of it as a camera, its not and it hasn't been for a long
while. Its a computer with a lens on it. The cellphone has made that
quite clear.

If the lensfun package doesn't have a table for you particular lens,
then there's a procedure for updating their database

http://lensfun.sourceforge.net/calibration/