On 2016-02-02 14:49, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [02-02-16 04:32]:
[...]
and I always work with canon (photo cameras dsl an video, compacts cams are
an other story)

But this fact has little bearing aside from brand loyalty and/or lense
lock in as your lense colletion usually is somewhat static as
manufacturers increase their "brand loyalty" by assuring their lenses work
only on "their" cameras (for the most part). Over the years I have
accumulated 8 or 10 "nikon" lenses so being quite less than wealthy, I
*use* nikon cameras ...

I know that brands try to lock you in to their hardware, but I'm afraid
of buying a camera that my Linux system will not even read without
proprietary drivers.

Using exfat, for instance, would be a problem in this context.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)