Re: [opensuse] Leap Display settings
jdd composed on 2016-02-10 09:24 (UTC+0100):

Felix Miata composed:

xrandr method:
xrandr --dpi 120 --output DVI-I-1 --mode 1280x1024 --output DVI-I-2 --mode
1920x1080 --right-of DVI-I-1

details

http://dodin.info/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Doc.AddXResolution

Including modelines in xorg.conf is particularly useless 99.99997% of the
time. Manual modeline generators gtf, cvt and various web sites don't do
anything that Xorg doesn't automatically and competently do itself as long as
it gets HorizSync and VertRefresh specifications either from xorg.conf*,
xrandr or EDID.

I suggest you try the xorg.conf* method file as /etc/X11/xorg.conf after
modifying its specified modes to match your displays, and DisplaySize to
match your taste (or delete the whole line to use 96 DPI).

on the computer I try it lastly (Leap), running Xconfig to gt a fresh
xorg.conf file didn't work (error message). No idea if it's a local
problem or more general, as now the config is in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d, a
la sysinit

The purpose and meaning of your reply completely escapes my understanding. Is
it supposed to be of help somehow to the OP? If "running Xconfig" translates
to 'X -configure', that's been all but useless for generating what's actually
needed for competent video configuration for many years, at least as far back
as 11.4.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/