Re: [opensuse] Slow SSH connection
On 02/10/2016 10:21 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 02/10/2016 09:50 AM, Ruben Safir wrote:
that has never been fast with any system I've touched with systemd.

Assuming that you're not a anti-system wingnut, like those who want to
murder Leonard, then it seems you have a system that is not optimally
configured.

I am but it doesn't matter, my personal feelings. I need to work with
it and it is not helping to just ignor what should be a fixable problem,
even for potteringware.

It seems that, if what you say is correct, the creation of
dynamic 'terminals' is the issue.

That is just experienced speculation. I don't know if the slow
CouncilKit response is directly related to the SSH issue. It wasn't
before the upgrade. What changed?

That's more to do with the kernel or
perhaps a

My openrc workstations are not suffering this problem

I ssh out (as I say, I use ssh-agent) and its instant, even
transatlantic or transamerica(16 hops).

I look at 'ps' when the connection is up and see ssh is using 'pts/2'
Where does that come from?
Under /dev/pts/ there are 8 pre-created ttys that I own.
Do you have those? if not, why not?

good tip. I'll follow up

If they are not there or you don't own them, that could account for it.

RTFM as 'man 4 pts' & 'man 7 pty'

I don't see this as systemd matter.
Maybe a polkit matter or an apparmor matter.

has there been an apparmor change in configuation?

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com