Re: [opensuse] Leap42: can't override dracut's initrd ?
On 2016-02-10 07:56, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I'm not familiar with dracut, but previously, initrd had a copy of
fstab, so that it can be read before the root filesystem is mounted.
To apply the change, you have to run mkinitrd before rebooting.

I understand that, but that is exactly what I don't want to do, Carlos.
I want a _temporary_ override at boot time. It works very well with
initrds built by the old mkinitrd.

Ah! I see.

Anyway, the problem has been solved. Dracut isn't as backward
compatible as it pretends, I needed a different set of initrd cmdline
arguments.

This (the rootflasgs setting) no longer works:

root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=10.42.8.254:/srv/nfs/stork2/root
rootflags=v3,hard,intr

Instead, this works with initrds built by dracut:

root=nfs:10.42.8.254:/srv/nfs/stork2/root:rw,relatime,v3,hard,intr

The above should also work with initrds built by the old mkinitrd. For
those of us with elderly systems still running.

I'll save this to my archive ;-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >