Re: [opensuse] Slow SSH connection
On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 02:26:39AM -0500, Ruben Safir wrote:
Check your DNS setup on the server. I think name resolution might be
slow.

the resolution seems fine... lightning fast. It is systemd, I'd almost
bet on it.

it seems to be hanging here

debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa blen 279
debug2: input_userauth_pk_ok: fp
SHA256:IvPCNme5SnP/MnRrztjvzBb4jCmTpDQGGqpnZtgnJqk
debug3: sign_and_send_pubkey: RSA
SHA256:IvPCNme5SnP/MnRrztjvzBb4jCmTpDQGGqpnZtgnJqk
debug1: Authentication succeeded (publickey).
Authenticated to www ([96.57.23.82]:22).
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug3: ssh_session2_open: channel_new: 0
debug2: channel 0: send open
debug1: Requesting no-more-sessions@xxxxxxxxxxx
debug1: Entering interactive session.

Hi,

Don't know if this is helpfull.
I noticed the same problem on several of my machines, running 13.1 and 13.2
after some update(s). Unfortunate, i do not remember them anymore.
However, even on a local machine, when i wanted to switch user i noticed the
same problem.
After typing the password it took a long time before it was finally granted.

The problem was solved after rebooting the machine(s).

Regards,

Cor van Haastregt