Re: [opensuse] installing xen on leap
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 20:41:00 +0100
jdd wrote:

Le 09/02/2016 19:51, Per Jessen a écrit :

Well, it it were me, I would hook up a serial console to find out
what's
going on. That your screen blanks suggests something graphical, but
when you can't switch to a virtual console, the system appears to be
hung. Does it react to Ctrl-Alt-Sysrq-B when it crashes?

don't know if there is any serial interface (apart usb) - I could if
really necessary (I have a serial console somewhere), but I really
don't miss the serial console time :-)

during some test, I could manage to have a screen with text on it.
When the system hang, I displays an usb connect/disconnect message
each time I touch the keyboard (wired usb) (no ps/2 on this computer),
and do nothing else

You could try regenerating the initrd, you can do that from the non-xen
system. I know dracut doesn't always produce a working initrd, maybe
this is one of those times.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.8°C)