Re: [opensuse] Why does digikam wants to become installed via zypper up?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 14:34:41 +0100
cagsm wrote:

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
What is the idea behind these recommends stuff?... Can I disable
this globally?
Yes. See solver.onlyRequires in /etc/zypp/zypp.conf.

Okay thanks for the information. And how is the opensuse project
defining and flagging all the packages or where do we discuss what
package is a recommended package and so forth?

That is probably up to the packager. In this case it is still odd that
digikam gets installed with an upgrade with --no-recommends.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.9°C)