Re: [opensuse] Why does digikam wants to become installed via zypper up?
On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 1:49 PM, sdm <fastcpu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I noticed this also on Leap, when doing a "zypper up --no-recommends". have
a customized install with a lot of patterns I deselected at install time.
You can mark those packages as taboo (digiKam and Shofoto) and the problem
should go away, but regardless, this should not happen. Tumbleweed does not
exhibit the same behaviour, just fyi, with the same type of cherry-picked
install. So maybe it's a bug in zypper or libsolv somewhere. From what I
could tell on my test Leap install, the removal of libkexiv2-11 triggered
the installation of all those unneccessary packages, except on my machine it
was digiKam and a bunch of other dependencies which went along with it.

I dont understand this pattern-business yet. I remember patterns being
talked about and printed on screen when installing a fresh opensuse or
upgrade offline from the recent years. So are patterns maybe some kind
of grouping meta-packages that tell my system that it wants digikam
and other stuff, and even rpm -e digikam and other stuff then will
bring them back again via zypper up because the higher metalevel
grouping package tells that the system wants digikam? tabooing a
noninstalled rpm (package) doesnt sound right to me if its not even
installed. There must be some logic that makes the package flowing
inbound again. And this logic needs to be removed or disabled. I dont
have this digikam issue on all suse systems. Some other suse systems
have other trouble with packages. So there must be some
metainformation that makes the package coming in again even though it
is not even installed to begin with and thus doesnt need any updates.
Any clues?