Re: [opensuse] Why does digikam wants to become installed via zypper up?
On 02/09/2016 04:39 AM, cagsm wrote:
Hello list:
zypper lu doesnt say anything about digikam

zypper lu
Reading installed packages...
S | Repository | Name | Current Version | Available
Version | Arch
--+-----------------+------------------+-----------------+-------------------+-------
v | 42.1-update-oss | libpoppler-glib8 | 0.24.4-7.1 | 0.24.4-9.1
| x86_64
v | 42.1-update-oss | libpoppler-qt4-4 | 0.24.4-7.1 | 0.24.4-9.1
| x86_64
v | 42.1-update-oss | libpoppler-qt5-1 | 0.24.4-7.1 | 0.24.4-9.1
| x86_64
v | 42.1-update-oss | libpoppler44 | 0.24.4-7.1 | 0.24.4-9.1
| x86_64
v | 42.1-update-oss | poppler-tools | 0.24.4-7.1 | 0.24.4-9.1
| x86_64

but still zypper up shows
zypper up
Reading installed packages...

The following 2 applications are going to be installed:
Showfoto digiKam

The following 13 NEW packages are going to be installed:
digikam digikam-doc digikam-lang digikam-libs digikam-plugin-color
digikam-plugin-decorate digikam-plugin-enhance
digikam-plugin-fxfilters digikam-plugin-transform kipi-plugins
kipi-plugins-acquireimage kipi-plugins-geolocation
kipi-plugins-lang

The following 6 packages are going to be REMOVED:
libkdcraw23 libkexiv2-11 libkgeomap2 libkipi11 libksane0 libmediawiki1

The following 5 packages are going to be upgraded:
libpoppler-glib8 libpoppler-qt4-4 libpoppler-qt5-1 libpoppler44 poppler-tools

5 packages to upgrade, 13 new, 6 to remove.

Where do these new applications or new packages come from or why do
they want to become installed?

I dont even have any other packages installed named anything with kam but
rpm -aq | grep -i kam
kio_kamera-15.12.1-11.1.x86_64

How does this work? I am trying to understand this suse packaging and
software management especially with gold opensuse systems that have
come a long way and had been constantly upgraded over time. Maybe a
lot of crust and worthless stuff has amassed and left on this system
and I definitely need to clean stuff up and get things back into
order.

System is
cat /etc/os-release
NAME="openSUSE Leap"
VERSION="42.1"
VERSION_ID="42.1"
PRETTY_NAME="openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64)"
ID=opensuse
I noticed this also on Leap, when doing a "zypper up --no-recommends". have a customized install with a lot of patterns I deselected at install time. You can mark those packages as taboo (digiKam and Shofoto) and the problem should go away, but regardless, this should not happen. Tumbleweed does not exhibit the same behaviour, just fyi, with the same type of cherry-picked install. So maybe it's a bug in zypper or libsolv somewhere. From what I could tell on my test Leap install, the removal of libkexiv2-11 triggered the installation of all those unneccessary packages, except on my machine it was digiKam and a bunch of other dependencies which went along with it.

sdm