Re: [opensuse] installing xen on leap
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 11:07:17 +0100
jdd wrote:

Hello,

I'm used to install virtual machines with VirtualBox (after having
used VmWare for years)

but now I want to learn Xen.

My test machine runs Leap.

I installed Xen with YaST, but the xen menu from grub2 options gives a
black screen and no network reachable from other local computer.
Standard Leap boots, with bridged network and connect to the net

summary of my work here:

http://dodin.info/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Doc.Xen

What can I test next?

To boot a Xen Dom0, you need kernel-xen and the xen
hypervisor "xen-4.x.x". Those two plus the new initrd are booted from
your bootloader. I'm not familiar with grub, I use pxe.

The network problem might be due to your bridge interface not getting an
address? Still, you should not have a blank screen.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.1°C)