Re: [opensuse] post-11.4 "runlevels" (was: 13.2 vs Leap vs Tumbleweed)
Dave Plater composed on 2016-02-07 20:23 (UTC+0200):

systemctl is-enabled runlevel3.target does something, it says static. I
shall investigate the systemctl commands and hopefully I shall be able
to enable runlevel 3 and more.
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach him to fish and he'll eat
forever (as long as there's fish to catch :-) )

Under systemd, "runlevels" technically do not exist. The init/telinit
[1,2,3,5] commands are compatibility aliases to closest match systemd targets
that, I have often found, as you using 42.1, don't do what's expected of them.

To work around the problem, try using aliases that I use (adjust as necessary
for your dm of choice):

alias init3='systemctl isolate multi-user.target; killall kdm; killall Xorg '
alias init5='systemctl isolate graphical.target '

The following may also be helpful:

1: # systemctl set-default multi-user.target
2: reconfigure grub with 5 as last parameter on cmdline, and when you want to
boot directly to "runlevel 3", remove the 5 "on the fly" from the selected
grub stanza.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/