Re: [opensuse] 13.2 vs Leap vs Tumbleweed
On Sun, Feb 07, Dave Plater wrote:

On 07/02/2016 18:09, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
07.02.2016 17:46, Michael Fischer пишет:
On Sun, Feb 07, Dave Plater wrote:
My only gripe is not being able to go to any runlevel besides 1 and 5.
Is that an effect of some bug, or a "design decision" to make runlevel 3
unavailable in some way?

When you finished with conspiracy theories you could explain what you
mean. I am just now running 13.2 VM in run level 3, so it is obviously
possible.

openSUSE:Leap:42.1 doesn't let you select any runlevel apart from
graphical user interface runlevel 5 or single user runlevel 1 aka s.
Init 3 leaves you at 5 and init 1 or init s takes you to 1. If you have
a problem with x on runlevel 5 you cannot kill the x sever and you can
only go to single user runlevel 1 with no network access.

This is what I was afraid he meant, and yes, I'm refering strictly to Leap,
not to 13.X. Can anyone else clarify on this point?

Also, if it is true, that runlevel 3 is effectively gone, can anyone explain why
make such a change?

Thank you.

Michael
--