Re: [opensuse] 13.2 vs Leap vs Tumbleweed
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 10:00:48 +0100
Michael Fischer wrote:

Slightly different take on the question, as I've multiple machines due
for a system update.

Would experienced list members characterize most of the problems with
Leap to be around KDE and tightly-related software, or other things?

I think so, yes. I have one server installed with Leap, I have seen no
problems at all, but my test desktop keeps crashing, and certainly
can't be used for daily work.
I did try installing a Leap xen host with root on NFS. It didn't go too
well, but I don't think it was specific to Leap.

Any serious issues around ext4 or Oracle VirtualBox? I haven't seen
any on the list which weren't "user ooops" in the end, but perhaps I
missed or misunderstood something.

Dunno about Virtualbox, but nothing wrong with ext4.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.1°C)