Re: [opensuse] 13.2 vs Leap vs Tumbleweed
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 09:34:05 +0100
Dave Plater wrote:

On 06/02/2016 20:01, Per Jessen wrote:
SDM wrote:

I like the look of Plasma 5 over KDE 4, too; it just looks more like
a professional clean and "no frills gets business done" executive
desktop than the cartoonish looking KDE 4.
Yes, that appeals to me too. I would have liked to keep the
screensavers, but no big deal.

Plasmashell still crashes regularly though, and I am missing
pdf+office previews in dolphin.

Do you run nVidia graphics card on Leap?

Yes, an Quadro NVS 440. I'm even using 'nouveau'.

and the graphics suddenly became blurry with the nouveau driver. I
then went through hell trying to get the propriety nVidia drivers to
work

At first, I also tried with the proprietary driver, no big deal, but now
nouveau works fine. (for the very few things I do with this box).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.8°C)