Re: [opensuse] 13.2 vs Leap vs Tumbleweed
On 2/6/2016 6:40 PM, Richard Brown wrote:
On 7 February 2016 at 03:22, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But when you suddenly can't boot because the system won't provide enough time
for password entry, and you file a bug report and the only official response
is
that Fink starts a turf war about who's job it is to fix it (963526), it
becomes
a bit disheartening.

The only 'turf' war was caused by you inappropriately and incorrectly
filing the bug as a systemd issue (It's a YaST issue, just like you
say in the first word of the subject of the bug)

I mentioned both systemd and Yast, because there is no way to know which
is responsible, as neither was doing the job correctly.

If you do not know who to assign it to, don't - Nothing annoys our
developers more than being given work they don't need to do. We have
bug screeners that catch all the bugs in that are not assigned.

I assigned it to exactly who I was told to assign it to.

Also setting the Priority for our developers is a height of bad
manners - Bug reporters have the 'Severity' field to declare how
important the bug is, it's the right and responsibility for our
maintainers to prioritise their work.

The priority field is for the submitter. The proof of that is that
the submitter is able to set the priority. I'm permitted to set any
field I'm allowed to set,

Something that disables my machine is very high priority and i recorded
it that way.

If the field is something your have decided it yours and yours alone
to set, then don't let the user set it.

To be frank, I'm surprised Dr. Fink was as polite to you as he was and
fixed the inappropriately assigned bug for you

It is his job, is it not ?

Even taking into account the poor etiquette, the bug was reported on
26th Jan at 04:23 UTC
Thanks to Dr. Fink and Thomas Blume, it was fixed by 27th Jan at 06:31 UTC

Its not fixed. If I remove my temporary hack, it resorts to less then 5
seconds of wait for the password. The bug is not closed, the latest
updates behave in exactly the same way.

Bug report to fix coded and submitted in less than 29 hours? I'm
sorry, bug 963526 is a testament to bug reports _working_
exceptionally well.