Re: [opensuse] 13.2 vs Leap vs Tumbleweed
On 02/06/2016 05:50 PM, listreader wrote:
Real life can't wait for an official patch to be released. So
anyone who does actual ordinary useful stuff on Leap must of necessity
be "un-pure".

True, and it harkens back to my assertion that bug reports are largely
wasted efforts as far as I can tell, because subsequent release will go
out the door without them being fixed.

You might expect this will something like Gnucash, as not everyone uses
it and is not a core opensuse product anyway.

But when you suddenly can't boot because the system won't provide enough time
for password entry, and you file a bug report and the only official response is
that Fink starts a turf war about who's job it is to fix it (963526), it becomes
a bit disheartening.

If I upgrade, the work around that I did for that issue will almost certainly
be lost, or maybe the issue will go away, because Leap is back level, only
to reappear when leap catches up.

Chrome and Chromium won't launch on 13.2. No other distro has
this problem. Bug report and wait for 13.2 to reach EOL?

Or find our own solution?

Why should any user fret for 2 seconds about "tainting" a opensuse
installation, and running some that is (horrors!!!) unsupported when
what is supported breaks without warning, and stays broken for months?
Mr Brown, I think thou doth protest too much!