Re: [opensuse] 13.2 vs Leap vs Tumbleweed
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 20:09:11 +0100
John Andersen wrote:

On 02/06/2016 06:58 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Tumbleweed was a nice idea, but they use (fresh) factory packages
for it to fill it, which - in my opinion - is a sure recipe for
trouble.

Yes, TW is a playground, something always breaks. Which is fine, TW
users know about and (presumably) don't have to rely on it.

I've stopped my testing of Leap after finding it sort of unstable,
well, more broken than unstable, I guess, as I had the sense not to
install BTRFS.

I also avoid btrfs. If it ain't broke ...

I figured I'd get back to leap in a of point releases, or the EOL of
13.2. I have to say that 13.2 is one of the better releases I've seen
from Opensuse.

That is also my gut feeling. 13.1 was also good, but I default to 13.2
for anything new.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.1°C)