Re: [opensuse] Missing h.264 support in Firefox 44.0
On 02/05/2016 01:58 PM, Krisztián Angyal wrote:
Hi

I got a problem with playing videos in firefox 44.0 under opensuse leap 42.1.
I installed codecs like written on the http://opensuse-guide.org/codecs.php
website, but the problem still exists.
When I open youtube's html5 support site, I can see, that the codecs are
correctly installed and working, excepted H.264. Firefox can play html5 videos,
but other sites like vimeo or tumblr can't.
All values under about:config -> mediasource.*.enabled are true.
Youtube can play html5 videos, but many other sites like facebook, tumblr etc.
can't.
How could I let firefox play mp4 videos?
Thank you for your help :)

On my machine on Leap, I have an out-of-the-box install with FF 44 also, and just tested playing a few videos on vimeo. I don't have chromium-pepper-flash installed nor have installed anything from http://opensuse-guide.org/codecs.phpvlc-codecs. I can play the H.264 video found here: http://www.quirksmode.org/html5/tests/video.html. One thing I did install from Packman was gstreamer-plugins-libav, as that provides mp4 playback as well as allows for mp3 playback within webpages in FF. I'm not sure if there is an H.264 codec within that package.

sdm