[opensuse] Missing h.264 support in Firefox 44.0
  • From: Krisztián Angyal <gammapiscium@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 22:58:15 +0100
Hi

I got a problem with playing videos in firefox 44.0 under opensuse leap 42.1.
I installed codecs like written on the http://opensuse-guide.org/codecs.php
website, but the problem still exists.
When I open youtube's html5 support site, I can see, that the codecs are
correctly installed and working, excepted H.264. Firefox can play html5 videos,
but other sites like vimeo or tumblr can't.
All values under about:config -> mediasource.*.enabled are true.
Youtube can play html5 videos, but many other sites like facebook, tumblr etc.
can't.
How could I let firefox play mp4 videos?
Thank you for your help :)

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Krisztián Angyal