Le 02/02/2016 01:14, Anton Aylward a écrit :

Ultimately its an issue of the light gathering power of the lens.

nope. High aperture objectives do also give very lox depth of field, I have to stay around 5.6 to have around 20cm dof

the sensor senitivity is essential. I can shoot at ISO 25000 with acceptable sharpness (not ideal, but acceptable because nobody can do better :-) and - 1/160s

Historically, Canon produced a couple of extraordinary lenses in this
area then stopped making them, they are collectors pieces now.

and always where extremely expensive :-)

I mostly use the 24-105 kit zoom (excellent), but also have a 85 f/1.8 and like it a lot, but dof is pretty hard to manage with it

That said I also have a small Sony RX100MII mostly for holidays use (the
5D is pretty heavy :-)

And hey, your cell phone is even lighter.
It looks like "4k" is a the new standard, but Nokia did produce a 41Meg
camera phone.

yes, but these phones are extremely expensive, and easy to stole or drop.

that said, raw or jpg are all a question of file size, recording speed and time to edit later. Some people send the image files directly from they camera to the net (wifi), other take hours to make a shot.

jdd