On 2016-02-01 18:49, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 02/01/2016 11:24 AM, jdd wrote:

This if fine if, as John points out, you're doing holiday snapshots.
But why do that with a $1,000+ DSLR/lens combo when you can do JPG
snapshots with a $100 P&S.

Because the optics and capabilities are better, for instance ;-)

When doing "pleasure photos" I have the choice of taking my pocket
Samsung or my D3200 Nikon (which is classified as entry level!). Depends
if I want ease of movement or good optics (including a high resolution
sensor).

I may take a hundred photos, most of them just for remembrance, but then
I may spot an eagle doing circles above me, and I know the pocket is not
up to the task.

Yesterday I lost a wonderful sunset. I had company and I could not find
an advantage watching point.

When I do "study" photos I may also take a hundred photos, many of them
trials and checks to find out the best settings. Perhaps only one or two
are worth it. I do not delete any! O:-)

I tag the important ones instead.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)