Re: [opensuse] Re: uefi on the second disk
01.02.2016 19:22, Malcolm пишет:
On Mon 01 Feb 2016 05:05:19 PM CST, jdd wrote:

Hello,

On a laptop I have windows (8, then 8.1, then 10) and several openSUSE
(right now two leaps and one tw)

this laptop have two disks, one of them being a 24Gb internal ssd.
Being much faster than the HDD, my main Leap is on it.

But I can't make the laptop read the efi partition of the ssd.

Is it possible to trick Yast (or grub-install) to write the efi boot
file on the hdd (/dev/sda1)?

I tested all what I was thinking of, with no result, I even copied the
/boot/efi/EFI files to the same folder in the hdd (named open), but
the bios don't see them

right now I boot from a grub menu from the other Leap install (on hdd)

any idea?
thanks
jdd
Hi
No need to trick anything, just tell the nvram via efibootmgr where the
efi file is.... assuming sda1 set to gpt, has a small partition <
500MB, formatted as fat and set to type ef00?

Just boot from a rescue USB (via the system boot menu), then run;

efibootmgr -v

Where does the existing openSUSE boot from, or even exist?

By default efibootmgr uses sda,

No, it does not. efibootmgr has no defaults and grub-install by default
is using whatever is mounted as /boot/efi.