On 02/01/2016 10:32 AM, Bob Williams wrote:
On 01/02/16 14:54, Anton Aylward wrote:
It is *YOU* who have chose to set the camera to produce "RAW+JPG" and it
is *YOU* who selected the scene setting from which the camera's internal
algorithms produced that JPG from the RAW.

I pretty much agree with everything you say here, Anton. But I think
there is a use (for me) for shooting with RAW+JPG.

When I'm on holiday, most of what I shoot is snapshots, with
occasionally some 'art' shots in there as well. I often get asked by
friends if they can have a copy of one of the snapshots, or I might want
to upload it there and then to social media. So, on holiday, I use
RAW+JPG, when trying to be creative, always just RAW.

That makes perfect sense to me, Bob.
You have a clear and reasoned justification for that decision, you're
not just another "happy point and shoot" guy. You've clearly
established a boundary here.