* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-01-16 09:17]:
On 2016-02-01 14:51, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Carlos E. R. <> [02-01-16 08:45]:
On 2016-02-01 10:39, jdd wrote:
[...]
On piwigo, I can publish the url and say "reserved to subscribed family
members"

Yes, I'll have a look, but google is cheaper ;-)

Only if you refer to "renting" space from piwigo. Serving the photos from
your own computer employes costs you already incur, for the most part.

Ah, yes. True.

Does it create a fully static page, or does it rely on runtime
scripting? php or whatever, I'm not familiar with any of that. The
laptop that I use for "home server" is a pentium IV - LOL.

gallery2/3 is php and I believe piwigo is also.

Until it died, I also ran my server on a pent iv. Speed of the server
machine is of little consequence. It is the speed of the net connection
which makes the major difference.