On 2016-02-01 11:38, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Anyway, it is not symmetric bandwidth. It is 300 Mbit download, and I
don't remember what upload, but much less, perhaps 30. Another
competitor offers 300 symmetric. I'll have to check again what I
really have now, then get dyndns or something (whatever my router
supports directly, I guess).

You can always run a dyndns update from a cronjob.

Yes, I know. But there will be an interval, after my ISP changes my IP
till the script runs, that they will not match.

My router has settings for DynDNS.org, TZO, and No-IP. I have not
investigated any. At least, not recently.

Years ago, I managed to write a script that logged into my router and
interrogated it for the external IP. In my current router I don't see I
can do this. The advantage is that it is fast, not requiring to query an
external web page. I have a script that does this, but the response
takes several seconds and sometimes fails completely and has to be repeated.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)