On 2016-02-01 10:39, jdd wrote:
Le 31/01/2016 22:59, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

Well, it is not that bad. At least in the manner I use it. They are not
world-shared files.

they are in a certain manner. As far as I know (but this may have
changed), you do not nedd a password to access them, only the url.

so no privacy really

Depends on your choices. It can be an URL, but it can be a google login,
in which case you specify the people to share the photos with.

I don't want my family photos at risk of being shared because some
family member inadvertently publish the url

Those I send the URL, it is photos I do not mind, or photos I took of
them, so it is up to them to be careful ;-)

After a suitable time, I'll remove those photos.

Actually, I use a sharing site because emailing that amount of large
files is impossible.

On piwigo, I can publish the url and say "reserved to subscribed family
members"

Yes, I'll have a look, but google is cheaper ;-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)